Thứ Ba, 5 tháng 10, 2010

Rice harvesting in Dong Anh

It was a sunny Sunday with cool wind - an ideal day to go to the field!

I came a little bit late, so I couldn't get the bus with others, then I and Yen had to take another bus, then called a "xe om" to go to the village, around 30 minutes late. A little bit tired and difficult, but it was over when we stepped on the field with others and started harvesting (or destroying the field???LOL)

That was the first time I ever stepped down the field and stayed so close to the rice like that. It was so excited and different feeling! Everybody worked so hard and industrious without expressing any tiredness. It made me feel like we are authentic farmers!! It was sunny but still cool and comfortable, thanks God!

Everyone wanted to try every step of harvesting, from cutting, to bringing the piles to the dry place. It was hard to walk in mud but I found out that I can do it easier than others because I'm thinner than them. HAHA. We did have much fun when harvesting together, laugh and motivate each other, talk to friends and learn from each other.

NICE EXPERIENCE then!!!

Finishing such works still made us a little bit tired. Then we went to the village central pond to wash our hands and feet, and enjoyed ice-cream while waiting for lunch. A group of wonderful cook, led  by Chi Moc, promised to give us a fantastic meal. I couldn't wait, actually! So hungry after work, haha!

Yeah, we did have a nice meal ever, we just looked like a family. Love to having such a nice day with them!

After lunch and a short time relax, we started come into the village and talk to the residents about their life - a rural life very close to our Hanoi. Finding out a lot of fun facts and a story of life here. People tend not to be farmers at all, trying to find another job, both inside and outside their village with the wish to earn more money. It was just like the subsistence crop, not much for sale. Almost the earnings were from other jobs and sources.  The life here is more quiet than the central Hanoi, but fresh and convenient. It is also more and more modernized in terms of living standards here. I can see a lot of big houses and so glad to see the village big gate and the pool still there, and there are a lot of trees and "traditional things" which indicate "traditional culture" in this village. I really expect a development in this area but still want to keep all those nice things - fresh air, cool pond, traditional architect village gate, trees and the atmosphere of a typical village of Vietnam.

It was a nice and peaceful time I had in Dong Anh. I love all of my friends who shared with me such moments - Tina, Peter, Yen, Ngan, John, Andrew, Son, Mary, Kathy, Jenifer, Miki, Duong, Giang, Hien, Thao, Lan Anh, Nancy, Chi Moc, Father Gerard, Jesse, An, Phuong, Jeremy, anh Vi, me Mai....Oh,you guys made me so happy that day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét